YEF Director Profile: Kristine Black
10 Things About Kristine
- What do you do at the YEF?
I am a founding director of the Yorkville Educational Foundation. I serve on the Finance and Scholarship Committee.
- Why did you get involved with the YEF?
I became involved in YEF because I saw what other area educational foundations have done for their districts. It is an opportunity to support learning and recognize achievements of the wonderful students and staff we have in our district.
- Are you engaged in other ways in the Yorkville School District?
I volunteer with Cross Country and Track at the middle school and high school level.
- How long have you lived in Yorkville?
We’ve lived in Yorkville for 12 years.
- Do you have children visiting Yorkville schools?
I have three boys who attend Yorkville schools : Patrick is a junior at YHS, Tyler is a freshman at the Academy, and DIllan is a 6th grader at YIS.
- Why have you chosen Yorkville as your home?
We chose Yorkville because we wanted to have some acreage to grow trees and shrubs, Yorkville was still close to family and friends but with a small town atmosphere which we enjoy.
- What’s your favorite place in Yorkville?
Silver Springs for walking and running.
- What do you do outside the YEF?
I am an early childhood special education teacher for District 204.
- What are your hobbies?
My family enjoys traveling to see the Cubs play all around the country at different ballparks. We also enjoy running as a family. I am a lifelong learner always reading!
- What is the best way to catch up with you?
When I am not running my children around town you may catch me literally running around town.